TR6 Trailing Arm Installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Trailing Arm Installation
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:47:21 -0700
Hi folks.

Saturday my diff mount repair took a large step forward... got the
reinforcement plates welded in to place.  Thanks to all who helped with
suggestions and information!

As I SLOWLY reassemble the rear suspension I can see that perhaps
reinstalling the trailing arms is going to take some muscle.  I'm
installing new polyurethane bushings (from BPNW) and now that I have the
brackets in place and the pivot bolts "resting" temporarily in the brackets
(just so I don't lose them!) I notice that those bolts are not "co-axial"
for lack of a better word.  This is no problem, I imagine, with the soft
OEM rubber bushings, but these poly bushings are STIFF!  I won't actually
be installing the arms for a few days yet, but it looks like I'll have to
put some considerable pressure on the arms to distort the bushings enough
to slip the pivot bolts into place.

Am I right? Does this end up being quite a chore, or is it a bit easier
than it looks?  Any tips/suggestions?

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6