OD relay specs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD relay specs
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 00:37:59 EDT
Hi List,
I just bought two Seimens brand relay switches for $5.37 total incl tax (Moss
wants $23 each without the tax and shipping!) Got them from a high end
specialty stereo store (standard equipment used to route heavy electrical
current to car stereo amplifiers). They are rated for 40/30 Amps (40 amp
pulse and 30 amp steady draw) and have 5 terminals
One is for my newly aquired rebuilt tranny/overdrive unit solenoid.
One is to switch to my optional 'American iron' blaster horn I am hooking up
for freeway use where my two-toned tooter doesn't get a reaction.

My question is - can anyone on the List tell me the amp/draw on the overdrive
solenoid?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74
- preping for an "O" on the Commission # and a backup "HONKER" under the hood