A fine day

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A fine day
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 23:01:19 PDT
Hello All,

Just wanted to report on the Monterey all British show this past weekend.
The plan was to caravan south with another Herald owner in town, (yes there
are two of us!) Monterey is about 75 miles south of here. Wouldn't you know
it...... As I was checking the air in my tires it started to rain. Now, a
150 mile drive in a Herald is not something you take lightly, but rain? My
car is more than slightly tatty, but with the 1500cc engine it goes really
good. My friends car is very clean and original, but not quite as quick.
Well, we made it to the show in time for it to rain on us pretty good. There
was a strong showing of Triumphs, including another Herald! Also of note was
a "Show Quality" Sunbeam Alpine with a super hopped up engine; an Austin
Mini Cooper with about $10k worth of beanie babies inside; a brand new
Roller with a $416k sticker price; a beautiful Lotus 11; and a couple of Jag
XK140's. All in all it was a very nice day, maybe next year I'll have my car
painted so I can show it off properly.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald