Transmission question

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission question
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:45:07 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Okay, another thing that has me stumped. I am changing the gaskets on my
transmission, and tried to get the gearbox extension (rear housing) off last
night. I took off all of the nuts and bolts, took out the speedo locking
bolt, everything. Can't get the housing to come off. It is like it is stuck
still. I took off the nut that attaches to the mainshaft and took out the
part that attaches to the prop shaft. I am wondering if I need to pull out
the speedo gears that ride on the mainshaft. If so, how? Do I have to take
off the top first? Any help would be greatlyl appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397  xt 2284