'76 TR6 flexible clutch tubing

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '76 TR6 flexible clutch tubing
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:53:10 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Before I begin, FYI:  This car is new to me, and has not driven for years.

As I looked at my clutch master cylinder set-up on my '76 TR6, and then
began tracing the clutch tubing, I discovered a "funny" pipe enroute to the
slave cylinder.

Let me describe:
1) Metal pipe comes from the clutch master cylinder and goes behind the
brake servo.

2) Below where the top of the inner fender peaks, the metal tube ends, and a
RED plastic tube (almost see through) begins.  It is pressed over the end of
the metal tube.  (In other words, there are no screw-on fittings or other
type, the "plastic" tube is simply pushed on to the metal pipe and overlaps
by approximately 1 inch.)

3) I believe this tube is similarly fitted to a metal pipe coming from the
slave cylinder (although I did not have the car off the ground to see
properly).

4) I need to say that the clutch "throw shaft" is not currently linked to
the slave cylinder pin, so I'm not sure if the clutch even works right now.

Any thoughts on whether this is correct?  I'm uncertain, since the
catalogues mention a nylon tube that attaches to the metal clutch piping.

Thanks,
Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net