Testing Electronic Ignition

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Testing Electronic Ignition
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:50:03 -0400

Midnight died yesterday, right in front of the
Pittsburgh Civic Arena, home of the Pittsburgh
Penguins.  No warning, just stopped.

Mario and Jarmir helped get it onto the berm, and
I check fuel.  Yes
Checked spark, no.  None off the plugs and none
from the center of the coil.  Also, the amp gage
went to the far left with the key on.

Ah the embarrassment of a tow.  Of course, all of
the neighbors we out walking the hood when we
pulled on to the street.

Hood up and a spare coil connected.  Amp back to
normal on the key, 12 volts to the coil terminals,
still no spark.

Now the question.  The car has a Crane Cams XR700
ignition box (which was very hot at the time of
death).  Is there anyway of testing the box?  I'll
spring for a new coil, but at $130 I'd like to
know for sure that the gold box is the problem.

Paul g. Wiegman
Allison Park, Pa
1956 TR3
TS14551L