Re: Testing Electronic Ignition

To: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Testing Electronic Ignition
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 21:09:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

If you've got a voltmeter, place it's leads across the coil. You'll most
likely read the battery voltage, about 12 volts. Have someone crank the
engine while continuing to hold the meter across the coil. The voltage
reading should either fluctuate with an analog meter (needle type) or
drop to a lower level (much lower than the battery voltage) with a
digital type.

You can bet that if the ammeter was pegged by the old coil, the box is
fried. I'd guarantee it.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm