Re:Oil Filter Study

To: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Oil Filter Study
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:03:24 -0400
Good stuff Keith, thanks.

I've been using the low-rated Fram PF-3600 on my TR6 that has a spin-on adapter.

Here's some cross referenced filter numbers for the PF-3600 that I found and
thought I'd share.

The Mobil 1 is a M1209,  the AC Delco is a PFL400A, the Motorcraft is a FL400S,
and a Purolator Pure One is PL 20195.

Don't go out and buy one based just on the few phone calls I made to the parts
stores, please confirm these numbers by looking it up in the filter book...and
let me know if I got the wrong numbers.  The Fram PF-3600 is apparently the
filter that fits a lot Ford Taurus'.  Pep Boys had the AC Delco and Purolator
filters and I found the Mobil 1 filter at K-Mart.

Thanks
Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446