TR4 Charcoal Gray Carpets From Walker

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Charcoal Gray Carpets From Walker
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 18:11:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Mark Walker" <MDWalker@compuserve.com>
Listers

I just received my set of carpets from Mark Walker today.  Many people
asked me for feedback when they arrived.

They look REALLY... REALLY good.  The carpet quality is very good.  I put
them loosely into the car with the new 1962 seats on top and I am drooling.
The charcoal gray looks so right.... just like the Piggot book red TR4.

They sent me the shifter piece with no binding and no holes and with some
extra binding material.... has I had agreed.  Mark and his vendor have not
worked out the template for the TR4 shifter hole.  Mark is working to get
that done by the end of May.  I will use the old carpet to make a template
and cut the hole myself.  There is a auto/boat trim place in the next town
that can complete the job.  The driveshaft tunnel piece is bit too wide...
ala TR4A.. but easily trimmed down.

I'll see if Mark would like me to send him the template I use.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Triumph.html (under construction)