Re: TR4A Engine Swap

To: <CaptGonzo@aol.com>, <rdowty@iso.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Engine Swap
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 19:33:32 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I agree with Chris.

I have owned a TR4, MGB and a TR6....  and the power and torque of the TR4
engine is equal to or slightly better than the TR six cylinder.   The MGB
although a nice car didn't match the TR4 for guts and fun driving.

I remember being disappointed in the TR6 power.  I was assuming that the 2
extra cylinders would give it lots of go.  Instead it was lots of valve
noise and RPM without much go.... and didn't have torque punch that the 4
cylinder did.

And another thing to consider is all the emission controls on the TR6
engine.

My .02 cents  on the subject

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA