Re: TR6 Carpet (was Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans)

To: tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Carpet (was Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans)
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:45:11 EDT

<<
 Does this explain why the carpet on the floor of a TR6 is in two pieces
 with the front part held down with press studs.  I had often wondered why
 it was not in one piece, but parhaps it is a legacy of the TR4, where the
 carpet had to be pulled back to expose the jacking hole.  If there are no
 other reasons, I think I will get the replacement carpets made in one piece.

Trevor,

You might be right about why the carpets are in two pieces, but before you
decide to have them made in one piece you might want to consider this---with
the piece of carpet that is forward of the seats easily removed, you can take
it out of the car and dry it out or clean it if it should ever get wet or
dirty.

Rich Rock
64 TR4
65 TR4A-IRS