Clutch problems and other TR-7 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch problems and other TR-7 questions
From: WallabyGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:49:24 EDT
I have a 1977 TR-7 4 speed Sunroof Coupe that I am in the process of
restoring and I need some help in a few areas.

First, the clutch is failing to engage when depressed.  I've checked the
master cylinder and all seems well there.  Fluid seems to not be moving in
the systempast the master, however.  Where should I go next?

Second,  I am still looking for a handle for my Edrose roll back roof
assembly.  I would even take an entire assembly from a source if I could find
one.  Any suggestions?

Third, the upper door hinge on the drivers side door is broken.  I am about
to receive a replacement.  What is the best way to remove and replace this
part since it is welded?

Forth, My headlamps fail to raise and lower without manual help.  They do
light and are connected.  Does this mean that I need new motors or am I
looking at a poor electrical connection somewhere?

Finally, and this is a hard one, I need a red and black plaid seat cover and
drivers side door panel for my interior.  None of the big three (moss, trf,
vbl) have them.  I was actually laughed at by one of the previously
mentioned, however I will keep them anonymous.  What can I do?  Does anyone
on the list have these items that they might be willing to part with?

Thanks for your help guys and happy motoring!

Sincerely,
Rob
'77 TR-7
'90 T-Bird SC