Re: TR3 Fan belt time

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Fan belt time
From: fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:36:07 -0400
Adrian,

You don't have to remove a radiator hose and you don't have to lift the engine
to change a fan belt on a TR3. If the steering link doesn't give you enough
clearance to pass the belt, try turning the steering to full lock to increase
it. I've change belts on the side of the road in rainstorms without any
problem other than catching pneumonia! If the engine is really "too low",
perhaps the front mounts are compressed or broken or the motor mount shims are
missing.

Ed Woods