Brake Fitting Seepage

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fitting Seepage
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:27:19 EDT
Listers:

I bought new lines that run from the flexible hose to the calipers on my 65
4A - got them from Moss. And when I lightly stepped on the brake to check for
leaks, I certainly got what I was looking for. The fluid spewed from bewteen
the threaded part and the line itself. Does this need an additional seal of
some sort. I found some small o-rings at Home Depot that fit just over the
flare and look like they might "seal" things. Notwithstanding the "eating"
ability of the fluid, will that work? Is it (or something else) necessary or
have I just done soething wrong?
Earlier, I put the repaired Master Cylinder back in and bought some new line
from DAP. I had the same thing happen (leaks between the fitting and the line
where the line goes into the MC). So I put back the old (original?) line
running from the MC to the three-way connector. It doesn't leak.
Do the newer lines not work? Are they incompatible with the original
lines/parts? Do I need the o-rings?
TIA