RE: Brake Fitting Seepage

To: "'Ct54531@aol.com'" <Ct54531@aol.com>, "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Fitting Seepage
From: Pete Ryner <pryner@ij.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 21:06:46 -0400
Don't use the "O" rings.  You either have a score on one of the mating surfaces
or the new line is not allowing the two surfaces to mate properly.  Either the
threads are not right or the angle of the surfaces are different.  The system
was not designed for the "O" rings.  You're only asking for failure from
eventual cutting of the ring form vibration or eating away from the fluid.  Are
you sure the threads were tight?  Check the flare on the steel line for
deformation.  Over the years they

sometimes wear and will only fit the old hoses as they wear together.
Pete