TR6 Crankshaft replacement?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Crankshaft replacement?
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:32:57 EDT
Ok, should I get the crankshaft machined down or should I replace with a new
one?
I want to do the job once, I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on
turning down my existing crank and using oversized bearings compared to
buying a new one with standard bearings? I have heard that I might have
problems with a machined down crank?
Also, If I do decide to pull the engine and do a complete rebuild, what can I
do myself and how much should expect to spend? I am not in a hurry and don't
intend on putting the car on the road this season, and I would lke to do as
much as possible myself (not only for cost savings but also for personnal
satisfaction reasons).

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan