TR7 head leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 head leak
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:57:46 EDT
The story so far............new family member, an '80 TR7 Convertible, 66000
miles.  original muffler shocks struts, etc.  I've replaced lots of stuff,
startin' to look good.
Had coolant leaks, rebuilt water pump, ALL hoses, cleaned up everything,
replaced head gasket, added exhaust man. gaskets, etc. (really looks nice
now!)
I still seem to have a leak from the head to block joint.  It is somewhere
near # 2 or 3 cylinder, I can't pinpoint it yet. (on the intake side)  I CAN
verify through observation that none of the under manifold components are
leaking.
What is the norm here?, cracks?, warping?, crappy head gaskets?
The head checked flat, I didn't notice any crack evidence, (block or head).
I am VERY familiar with these issues on my Mini, and Healey, but am new to
7's.
Ideas? ( Can I torque the head to a higher value?)

Thanks in advance.
John.