TR4 won't start

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 won't start
From: "Op" <oliverp@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:23:58 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi,

My 64 TR4 has not been stored for 7 years. It ran the day I put it away. I
have for the past week been trying to bring it back to life. After doing all
my fluid changes, lubrication and putting fresh gas in the drained tank I
tried to fire it up. First there was nothing working. No lights, no movement
from current meter. I finally after jiggling key and turning it got the
warning light on the dash to appear. I also opened up the regulator and
moved stuff around. This fixed the headlites and stuff. Though the engine
would not crank over. I tried the starter button under the hood and it
cranked. I then left the key in the run position and tried to start from
under hood with the starter button/relay. It would not run. I appear to be
getting no spark. I measured 10.6 volts coming into the coil from the wire
harness. I checked points but they looked fine, and were opening and
closing.  I'm going to try and get the ignition switch working tonite.
Anyone have any ideas where to look, or the best method of tracing the
problem?

Oliver P.

Want to hear how insane I actually am?
Then listen to comedy (attempts?) skits I have done and recorded to Real
Audio format
HTTP://hiddenmic.cjb.net/

For a great article on 3.5 Litre BOP/Rover V8 info and pix of my TR4
HTTP://alumv8.cjb.net/

For a bit of Paranormal in Media
HTTP://ufotv.cjb.net/