Unleaded additive

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unleaded additive
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:15:03 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Guys
I'm getting hit by some people in the UK for reliability comments about an
unleaded additive called Millers VSP Plus. The UK distributor is really
pushing the fact that its been sold very successfully in the US for a number
of years. Its claimed to be an octane booster too. I note the product
contains manganese as the lead substitute and its this compound which is
causing concern. I'm reliably informed that manganese is outlawed in some US
states on the grounds of it being an 'ungreen' commodity and its certainly
outlawed in Germany for the same reason. While the product itself has
certainly passed all the tests to which it was subjected very recently, I'd
appreciate comments from former/current users as to its general efficacy and
additional observations about the manganese bit as to whether it really is
outlawed would be appreciated. My main concern is that if Germany has
already outlawed it, there's a strong possibility the rest of the Eurpoean
Union will follow in the form of an EU directive banning VSP's sale.

Thanks
John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus