Re: TR6 trailing arm problem: help needed

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 trailing arm problem: help needed
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 16:50:42 -0400
Cc: 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Pete,

The "duh, you idiot"  moment struck after I got the first email that said
the same thing (that the bolts pass through the box section) - so I went
out and checked and this time found them!  I don't know what was happening
yesterday, it must have be one of those "bad car days" when more things
went wrong than right.

This list is a really good resource, and folks seem to suffer fools (and
their daft questions) really well.

Thanks,  Tony

>Tony
>
>Those bolts pass all the way through the frame member and have a nyloc and
>washer on the other side.  There's 4 bolts per side, 2 bolts, washers and
>nuts  per bracket.  From what you describe, it sounds as if you've loosened
>the nylocs, but now you're just spinning the bolt and the nyloc on the
>other side.  Sounds like you need to get a wrench on the backside of that
>frame member.  I just got done with this whole operation on mine.

   Anthony Gordon                       Technology Education Coordinator
   Saginaw Public Schools               tel: 1-517-797-4855
   ISDC, 1505 Ottawa Blvd               fax: 1-571-797-4778
   Saginaw, MI 48602, USA               email: tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us