RE: tr4-6 heater question>

To: "'Peter Zaborski'" <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr4-6 heater question>
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:55:03 +0100
I have had the same problem and used almost the same solution.

It is possible to make the hole in the heater casing into a slot in order to
remove the heater flap with a small saw.

I then used a small piece of steel sheet of the same gauge as the heater
box material to close off the slot when the flap was reinstalled. One end
of the new material was made large enough to be secured to the heater
casing with two small pan head screws, I used 2mm but I guess 2-56
would be about the same size.
Used Loctite on the threads and there is no problem with the short projection
of screw into the heater flap area as the shaft holding flap has a shoulder on
it which will stop it sliding into the screws.

Hope this makes sense but the mod has worked well for me.

John Dowson