Re: ???quality hardware????

To: "Shannon Cole" <shang@sonet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ???quality hardware????
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 09:13:21 +0100
During my TR4 rebuild I wondered the fastener quality also.

I think an area of concern has to be where bolts are in tension
rather than shear.

The front suspension spring pans are an area where this occurs
and I decided to use aircraft certified bolts for this application.

They are expensive in the UK (much cheaper in US) but it does
give me piece of mind

John Dowson