Re: bodyoff restoration sequence

To: "Bob Streepy" <trstreep@chicago.avenew.com>, "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: bodyoff restoration sequence
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:33:19 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Streepy <trstreep@chicago.avenew.com>
To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, May 17, 1999 8:13 AM

>If you really want to do a frame off properly, after stripping and any
>body work, fit the panels, remove them, paint and then install. This is
>more labor intensive, but the finished product will be better than if
>you try to fit panels that have already been shot with color.
>
>My $0.02
>
>Bob Streepy
>CC58409
>TS78649

Also, buy more than enough paint to cover everything with batch mixed paint.
I've seen cars that were painted in stages, but the owner tried to save
money buy buying only enough paint to cover what he was working on that day.
The end result is slight but noticeable variations in shade every time a new
batch of paint was mixed!