Re: Mity-vac brake bleeding? - No LBC content

To: <Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Mity-vac brake bleeding? - No LBC content
From: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:05:39 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Albert     I have a Mity-vac bleeding system and it seems to work fine.  I
have not tried it on my LBC's yet, but have had good success with Nissan
and Opels.  Use it in the usual maner as you would normally bleed your
brakes. Start farthest from M.C. and work towards nearest( RR,LR, RF,LF).
Be sure to check M.C. for fluid level about twice at each wheel, if you let
air in the system you will have to start over.  Watch clear hose when you
are pumping for air bubbles -- when bubbles stop close up bleeder valve and
move on to next cyclinder.  Gravity bleeding may be necessary for disc
calapiers (this was what I had to do on my 69 Opel GT) sometimes you can"t
get enought suck from the vac pump to pull the fluil into the calapiers.  I
would recommend this tool to anyone trying to bleed brrakes by themselves.
 Good luck

Russ Messersmith
1967 TR4A
1972 TR6