a.m. ride

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: a.m. ride
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:15:00 -0700
About 10 a.m. this day, I decided to take a little ride down to the
delli for some good "Kosher" sandwich makings, pulled up in front of the
shop and a nice space was waiting me, made my purchase, started to
back-up to leave and there was a very big puddle of what appeared to be
water in my parking space, get out to check on this, and sure enough its
from my car as I can see the additive "No-Rosion" (pinkish in color)
laying on the ground. Raise the hood, lots of water under side of the
hood as well as the hood hold down spring, but no leak showing. I look
for about 2 mins. and find nothing, start the car with the hood still up
and very nice water fountain spraying from the top radiator hose, I
locate a small pin hole on the very top, so 4 miles back home and get a
spare hose from my travel kit, now this hose was installed 2 years ago
when I replaced the radiator. As I start to unscrew the front clamp I
discovered I had installed it with the front clip off and the hose clamp
facing "UP", no way will a screw driver fit in this small area, so I get
a 1/4" socket and screw driver head and start feelings where no eyes can
see for the slot in the screw head, 1 hour and 30 minutes later the job
is complete, the clamp is now facing 9:00 so it can be removed nicely in
the future, now for my nice deli sandwich, 2 slices of fresh dark bread,
a large pile of peppered corned beef and then, yes, you guessed it, I
have no mustard.