Brake Problems (Longish, but great story)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Problems (Longish, but great story)
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:33:15 -0500
Cc: dbrackin@worldnet.att.net

>I must digress to the great Whozits and Whatzits for this problem.  I
>welcome any and all suggestions:
>
>While driving home from that always wonderful BC Gathering in Townsend
>TN. held on the first weekend of May each year,   Headed north on the
>Blue Ridge Parkway, driving just fast enough, (properly indicated by the
>squeal from the Redlines).   No problems for fifty miles, then after
>stopping at a pull-out to enjoy some of the wonderful views offered by
>the severe clear weather, I noticed a problem with the brake pedal.
>I slid the shifter into neutral and stepped on the brake to start the
>car.  Whoa! what's this!  The pedal is 'hard' all the way at the top
>travel stop,  no slack at all and way too 'tight' to press in.  I
>cranked the car and rolled forward I could feel that the brakes were
>dragging.  After some inspection it seems that only the front brakes
>were affected, but I'm not positive about this point (you know how the
>rears always seem to lag behind the fronts in proper adjustment).

I don't know about your 250, but my TR3 has a check valve in the front brake
system that was sticking and causing a similar problem.  The advice I received
was to remove the spring from this check valve....I did as suggested and the
problem of sticking front brakes went away.  Other that that, flushing the
system sounds like a good idea.  Good luck!
Richard, just returned from a TR weekend in the mountains of New Mexico,
sunburned and grinning!