Re: Brake bleeding - was Mity-vac

To: Kurt <koblinger@linkline.com>
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding - was Mity-vac
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:00:07 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi, Kurt,

I've used a Gunson's Ezibleed many times. It works quite well but
stubborn systems need a push on the pedal as well.
The biggest danger is leakage past the master cylinder cap. If this
happens, fluid under pressure will spray out of the leak, which won't
help your paint one bit. To check this, I connect the Gunson fluid
reservoir to the air (tyre valve) *before* filling it with fluid. If
there is a leak, a hiss can be heard.

Homespun tip. The Ezibleed always leaves the master reservoir too full.
A kitchen baster is a good way of sucking out the excess fluid. Just
don't use the one belonging to your wife or there will be...trouble:-).

Dave Hill (UK)

SNIP.