RE: Alternator conversion/Alternator for a TR6

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternator conversion/Alternator for a TR6
From: "Frank Biedermann" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:14:13 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"

Thanks to all of those on the list who provided their advice.

I have since found a friend of a friend who's going to do a conversion
for me (he works in an auto electrics firm - something I din't know
before). He said after he's measured it up he'd probably be able to
locate a modern alternator in the shop which will fit with minimum
fuss AND provide up to 110 amps (if it's a brand new alternator made
for a modern car). So I don't think I'll be having too many more
alternator related problems for a while.... I'll post a follow up
message when I have the work done.

Thanks again for your help, however, there is a further question with
which I wish to test the patience of the members of this list:

For those of you with roll bars on your TR6 (or other convertibles) -
where are the mounting brackets for it bolted to? It seems to me that
a dodgy way of mounting one is just to bolt it to the parcel shelf
behind the seats (not something I would want to do), but surely
commercially installed roll-bars would be somehow attached to the
frame through the shelf (or am I just being optimistic here)?

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide,
AUSTRALIA