RE: Alternator conversion/Alternator for a TR6

To: "Frank Biedermann" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternator conversion/Alternator for a TR6
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:27:24 +0100

I cannot comment on TR6 roll bars, but the roll bar on my TR4
which was purchased from Racetorations here in the UK picks
up on the body/frame mounting points adjacent to the B post and
the rear supports go down through holes in the parcel shelf to sockets
which are welded to the frame close to the rear shock mount.

It also has a diagonal brace, an additional tube for harness shoulder
straps and attachments for door bars.

I have seen a very similar one fitted to a TR6 at Racetorations, and
although we all hope that we are never going to use it in anger it is
nice to know that the bar will stop the car falling on your head.

It also has to be made from the correct grade of tube and with good
welds

John Dowson