Re: TR4A front spring packing pieces

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A front spring packing pieces
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:04:39 +0100
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony

TR2/3/3A/3B & 4 s  had the spacer, but I think that it was discontinued
with the re design of the TR4A front suspension.    I seem to recollect
reading in the tuning manual that you don't need them for a 4A.   The UK
Moss parts maunal does not show them on the TR4A suspension, but does
for the earlier cars.
I'm using the same springs on my 2 (and I have them on the 4) and
definitely have to use the spacers.

Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)
1963  TR4   AFP 503A (UK) / IZS 733(USA) - CT27216-L (now not L but O )
1954  TR2   46 BHX                         TS554-O   UK Car in pieces
1989  Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GLI   - Eurobox  but it goes !
Internet b.johnson@lycosmail.com
New website http://websites.diamond.co.uk/~b.johnson/index.htm