TR4A front spring packing pieces

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A front spring packing pieces
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:59:08 -0400
I am about to replace the springs on my TR4A with the Moss "blue"
mild comp springs.  On the front, the Moss catalog and the factory manual
seem to show a spacer to go on top of the spring in the shock tower.

Do I need to have one of these on a TR4A.  My infinitely trusted and (truely)
all knowing mechanic says that I don't need one on a 4A, but I wonder why
the Moss catalog and the factory manual SEEM to indicate that one is needed.

I can't use my current suspension to judge because it has been extensively
messed-with to lower it and firm it up for raqcing.  It is much too harsh
for my tastes, but I can not trust it on originality grounds.  E.G.  there ARE
some packing pieces on the REAR with rather short srings.  Particularly nasty
ride in the rear!

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com
CTC64342L (ex-racer)
CTC73336L (in a million pieces)(less rusty every day)