Re: Noise (Thrust Washers???)

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Noise (Thrust Washers???)
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I had a very similar noise last week that I finally decided was mostly the
exhaust banging against the frame.  Before you decide it's engine or
clutch related, put the car in neutral and run the engine at 3000 rpms
momentarily.  See if you can isolate the noise then.  If it exists then,
I'd say it's not the clutch but something rattling.

John Middlesworth
1966 TR4A