Re: under pressure

To: lukehart@mis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: under pressure
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 10:55:19 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/99 1:34:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lukehart@mis.net
writes:

> I am wondering about the oil pressure gauge in my TR6.  At operating temp my
>  car idles around 800 - 900 rpms and oil pressure is about 25.  When I run
>  the rpms up near redline the oil pressure runs up into the 75 range.  Is
>  this normal.  If not, does this mean something bad? what?

Eric,

I don't know if that's the way it should be or not, but my TR6 pressure gauge
reads approximately the same, and has for the 9 years that I've owned it. The
engine was completely rebuilt about 2 years or so before I bought it.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74