SUCCESS!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SUCCESS!!
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:29:11 -0400
I'VE FINALLY FOUND MY CAR!!!!! After nearly a year of searching,
tonight, I'm going to pick up my "new" TR3A! It needs some work, but
it's a driver now so I can enjoy it for the summer (and buy a kerosene
heater for the garage this winter). Don't think my wife realizes it yet,
but I suppose she'll get used to "the Other Woman"!

The car is a '59 and has several nice features: new wiring harness,
stainless exhaust, new tires, Dayton (I think) chrome wires w/ new
knock-offs, decent interior/bonnet/sidescreens, very little rust (as far
as I can tell anyway) and even less bondo. Even has a new set of hoses
(which I get to install), a Unisyn, a couple of manuals (ones I don't
already have!), and a quite nice (apparently unused) set of Craftsman
tools!

Oil pressure is 75 warm (50 at idle), temp about 185, compression at
150-155 on all four. It does need some apparently minor body work and
definitely a paint job - looks like something to do over the winter
months. Also, I'll need to get that drip pan for the garage floor! Has a
few creaks and groans (so do I!), but I'm hopeful that they won't break
the bank - love is blind, ain't it?!!

Looks like I won't have to go to Portland in the Taurus!!! See ya on the
roads!

--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT