TR6 is ROLLING AGAIN!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 is ROLLING AGAIN!!
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:23:41 -0700
Hi folks.

Got the TR6 down on the ground today after more than a month on stands
while I repaired the diff mounts, changed diff seals, side flange bearings,
trailing arm bushings, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Thanks to all who endured my seemingly incessant questions about side
flanges, diff mount reinforcements, and especially the dreaded pinion nut
torque "debacle."

The rear of the car feels much better, and after an hour or so of driving
around town, the differential is still DRY on the outside!!  Amazing!  The
big klunks are gone, the dreaded 4-wheel steering "twitch" is gone (thanks
to poly trailing arm bushings).

The only thing that has me a little puzzled is that the rear end STILL,
after all that driving around, has not "settled" to its former ride height.
I didn't expect the trailing arm bushings to change the ride height at all,
but since that's the only thing I changed with respect to the rear
suspension, the bushings must be responsible.

Perhaps it'll just take a little more time for the bushings/suspension to
"relax."  Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks again to David, Terry, Randall, Brian, Lee, Roger, John, Alan, Joe,
Karl & anyone else I forgot to mention for all the advice & support.

(And thanks to my wife, Aprille, who installed the washers & threaded the
nuts to hang the diff while I heaved it up into place!  That thing is
HEAVY!)

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6... on the road again!