Re: Bell Housing Bolt Secret? (TR6)

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Bell Housing Bolt Secret? (TR6)
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 16:50:07 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Not having seen an answer posted yet and since it's still before sunset
at my house I'll offer this advice.

1) Get someone to hold a wrench on the nuts in the engine bay since they
are all loose (not part of the bellhousing) and will spin if you're
turning the bolt from the interior side.

2) Lacking that, try to strategically put a long box end wrench on the
nuts so that it stays on when you turn the bolt and is lodged up against
something that won't break.  This takes a lot of doing and trial and
error but I bolted up a tranny this way in 20 degree February weather,
outside, at night, under a canopy, with a gravel floor to poke me in the
back, so I know it can be done if you're crazy/persistant enough to try
it by yourself.  This is also why I recommend number 1) above.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806