Re: The little red lights on!

To: sjmeds@rockisland.com, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The little red lights on!
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:35:38 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/99 2:13:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sjmeds@rockisland.com writes:

> Went for a cruise last night and the red ignition light came on.  Volt meter
>  says it's not charging.  Damn!  And guess who hasn't been paying to much
>  attention to the threads on this the last couple of months.  And on top of
>  this, the VTR site appears to be down.  Double Damn!!  Any trouble shooting
>  ideas.  The regulator has been acting kinda funny for quite a while now.
>  The voltage would just jump um about a volt and a half for about half the
>  time the thing was running.

Chris,

Looks to me like its time for a new alternator. I would recomend taking your
car to an alternator, or battery, shop, and have it tested just to be sure.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74