Re: GT6 / Vitesse rear hub

To: "Francois" <francois@amicale.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 / Vitesse rear hub
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:17:01 -0400
I have waited to someone more knowledgeable than I to respond to the
question of how to adjust the bearing preload on the roto-flex hubs.  I do
not have the special tool needed for the bearing preload adjustment.  I
simply adjust the preload by tightening the nut on the axle stub until the
force to rotate the axle stub  rotation effort seems too high (very
subjective).  The same way I adjust front wheel bearings.  I replace the
bearings in the hubs whenever I replace the couplings which is about every
2 to 3 years.