Re: Cooling Solutions - thicker radiator core

To: "Gaby Aubouin" <gabytr6@mindspring.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling Solutions - thicker radiator core
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:17:34 -0400
I had the stock 3-row core in my '71 GT-6 replaced with a 5-row core
immediately prior to swapping in a mildly reworked TR-6 2.5L engine since I
expected the need to dissipate more heat.  Cost was $212 about 4 years ago.
Although my car never ran hot before the engine swap, it will over heat in
stop and go traffic now.  I am no longer certain the extra radiator core
capacity is the answer.  BTW, the 5-row core has all five tubes in line,  I
would be happier with a few less tubes and some stagger between the rows.
Now, I also run an auxilliary pusher electric fan with a manual underdash
switch (still looking for a switch that closes at about 180/185 deg. F that
I can thread into the water pump / thermostat housing).