Re: Replacement Wheels

To: BILL_ANDERSON@HP-USA-om12.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Replacement Wheels
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:15:45 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Bill,

My $.02 worth.

I really like the Mini-Lite replicas being sold by the various big
vendors (and others, shop around, if you choose to go with these). They
are "period correct" for the car, reasonably priced and available in a
lot of sizes, plus either centerlock or bolt-on styles. I opted for the
bolt-on type for my TR4 because they are substantially less expensive
and lighter (unsprung weight and all that).

In my opinion, these wheels look great, appear to be well made and I
look forward to the rest of the car getting finished so I can see how
they actually work in the corners! While I can't report on any road
tests with these wheels yet, I've had lots of positive feedback from
experienced users of MinipLites and basically have insisted on alloy
wheels on every other car I've owned, ever since feeling the difference
the first set I put on a car made in the handling.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

--