Re: Replacement Wheels

To: BILL_ANDERSON@HP-USA-om12.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Replacement Wheels
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 06:56:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>any listings for straight replacements (ones I can use the original hubcaps
>with). So then I thought about mag or chrome alloy. What is the consensus of
>the list? Any preferences? Why?
************************************
My first preference for after market wheels for any TR would be the no
longer available American Racing "libre" style, simply because I like the
look.  These were used on many of the competition cars in the states during
their racing days.  The next choice would be Pannasports (which I have on
my Spitfire)  These are truly beautiful wheels made from virgin aluminum
(not re-melted soda cans :-}), extremely light and true, with conical lug
nut seats of steel pressed into the center mounting  section.  The also
look period similar in appearance to "Minilites"  They are available with
silver, or gold spokes or entirely in chrome.  You can even get them in a
true center lock type for even more money.