Removing inner wheel bearing from TR-250 front suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing inner wheel bearing from TR-250 front suspension
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:46:10 -0400

I've got the left side front suspension disassembled except for removing the
inner wheel bearing and the oil seal that sits inboard of it. Even though
I've removed a great deal of grease from the front hub assembly it's
difficult to see what's available to press or hit.

Should I be able to pry the oil seal off or use a dowel to tap the seal and
bearing out from the outside of the hub?  I checked the TR6 web site at MIT
but didn't see anything about bearing removal.

I'd like to get the big parts to a shop for sandblasting and perhaps powder
coating tomorrow or the next day, so I'm kind of in a hurry here.  Any
advice cheerfully accepted.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/