Re: TR3 rear signal lights

To: "McEwen"@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 rear signal lights
From: Jim Higgins <seamus@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:44:17 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Art,

You have to take the chrome ring and lens off to access the unit.
First pry out the ring and then the lens, under this the housing is
secured with small machine screws.  Before taking the unit off the car,
be sure to clean the bulb contact and replace the bulb to see if this
might cure the problem.  If it doesn't, you need to unscrew the housing
(there are nuts in the boot area holding the screws) to clean check and
clean where the wire attaches.  Also be sure to examine your wiring
harness for possible breaks.  Any places that the braiding has worn or
places that the wires could be pinched should be examined.

Good luck,

Jim