RAC Classic

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RAC Classic
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:48:42 +0100

This is a question for the Triumph listers in the UK -  is anyone
entering the RAC AXA Classic Run on May 29th (or May 27/28/29)?   We
are starting from Cheltenham this year (number 202), and have started
from
Nottingham, Dublin (twice), Norwich and Bath.   We have a
different finish point this year, the test track at Millbrook.   I have
been around the 'bowl' before, I guess it could get a little congested
this time.
I'm looking forward to the Hill Climb circuit - its a bit early in the
event, but at least we don't start until around 9:50 a.m..  I don't know
how many cars are in the event this year, but I would guess at 1500+
(sorry you guys in the USA/Canada/Oz - I do a lot of drooling on RAC
Classic run.)
It's strange that there are not many articles written about this event,
and the number of Triumphs is not as great as it could be.  There are
more Jags in it than any other make.  Still the country lanes are a
great leveller, I've only been passed by other cars a handful of times -
I did let a Mini past once, I couldn't stand the noise of its
straight-cut gears. The occupants had to wear ear protectors !

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)