Taking apart doors

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Taking apart doors
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:53:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
List,

I am trying to get my car ready for painting, and have come to the doors
(everything is off the car). I have stripped the paint off of the fenders,
hood, trunk.  Do these come apart so that I can strip them easier? I'm not
really concerned about getting all the paint out of the inside, since noone
will ever see it unless the pull the panels off, but I want to get the
window out and all the chrome, etc. Bentleys wasn't much help. I also have a
slight crease in the d-side door (the PO had disconnected the latch that
controls the movement of the door, so the d-side fender creased the door a
little) that I need to bang out a little before I fill with Bondo, so that
is another reason I want to get the inside of the door off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com