RE: White TR3A Frame

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: White TR3A Frame
From: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:28 -0500
Hop-count: 1
I've been following this thread for a while with great interest, and have seen
a variety of different comments and opinions. I'm currently restoring a '60
TR3A and have been anxious to find out what color the frame was. This weekend,
I got the body off and removed all the components from the frame.  After
scraping through the layers of crud, it appears to have been painted entirely
in the original body color (pale yellow).  Of course, it's possible that a
previous owner re-painted the frame, but this doesn't appear likely.

I also have a '58 that I restored 2 years ago. I also seem to remember seeing
the original body color (pearl white) on its frame also, although it was
difficult to tell if the entire frame had once been white, as much of the frame
was bare metal or surface rust.

Now I don't know what to do with the '60. I want to restore it as close as
possible to original, so should I paint the frame the same color as the body,
or black?!? Decisions, decisions,...

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI