TR250 door guts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 door guts
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 02:06:07 EDT
Bryan,
I just removed all hardware from inside my TR4 doors so I could rebuild even
more stuff since the rest of the entire car doesn't seem to satisfy my lust
for taking things apart.
It all came out very easily and straightforward ... window crank stuff from
inside door accesses and glass pulled from top slot (pull all weather/felt
seals and clips from top slot first to allow glass base to slide up and
through slot. The unsophisticated wire rod accross bottom is tweaked with
pliers to snug up the felted channels holding sides of glass. My gear teeth
are worn and not sure how to fix besides spending $50 each for new crank
assembles from Moss. Luckily I have a set of inner  'rain curtains' intact in
passenger door which I will duplicate for driver side (inner door panels
suffer with major warping without these to keep water running directly down
to exits holes in botom of doors. I think the door skins are welded to the
inner frame as I see some brazing in corners of top slots. I think you can do
good work on creased front edges of door with door stripped down.
Good Luck,
Carl
'64 TR4 with no nothing