Squeaky Front End - No more!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Squeaky Front End - No more!
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:03:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM'" <DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM>
After beginning to think that I had some serious concerns in my front
end based on all the squeaks and rattles, I posted a message on the list
earlier this week.  I followed the advice of a fellow lister and
examined the hood support rod.  I could immediately see where I had
metal on metal contact. Temporarily at least I have remedied the problem
using electrical tape on the support rod.  I could tell the problem was
gone as soon as I dropped the hood.  The only sound my TR6 makes now is
the one it was designed to make.

Thanks to Dennis Culligan for the advice and thanks to the list.
Discovering this type of simple solution to a simple - but nagging
problem is what makes this list so great.

Jack Radley
76TR6