Dutch cleanliness, hospitality and more!

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dutch cleanliness, hospitality and more!
From: "Cecil & Willy Monk" <whmonk@inetone.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 22:09:45 -0400
John Mac wrote:
>BTW - you listers on t'other side of pond are really missing something.
>Dutch cleanliness, Belgian and German beer, French wine and food, - all
>coming together in British cars with leaking sumps and Lucas electrics.

We don't have to miss anything!  We can have all that here on this side of
the pond!  For those of us who are not going to the Netherlands for the
STER show, we can have all that John Mac said we would miss.
So, I would like to ask if anyone is interested in a weekend on the Blue
Ridge Parkway around the Mabry Mill and Chateau Morrisette area?
I am aware that the Caroline club does a weekend to the Parkway, however,
there are many weekends in the summer to enjoy on this beautiful and perfect
for LBC's road.
We can enjoy the Dutch cleanliness, hospitality, a complimentary glass of
wine, French toast and Dutch goodies for breakfast, at the Dutchies View
Bread & Breakfast in Woolwine, VA a couple of miles off the Parkway.  The
B&B is run by a charming Dutch couple.  A 4 course Dutch dinner @
$15.00/person is a possibility and also Grolsch, Heineken or Amstel are
options.  Take a look at their web-site at www.dutchiesview.com or call
540-930-3701
French food and wine can be enjoyed at Chateau Morrisette's restaurant, and
a tour of the winery and wine tasting are also possibilities.  Every month
during the summer there is a outdoor Black Dog (their label) Jazz concert at
Chateau
Morrisette the dates are: June 12th., July 10th., August 14th. and September
11th. Live jazz, tastings, tours and souvenir wine glass. 12-5pm.
$15/person.
Info: 540-593-2865.
So John Mac, come on over to our side of the pond and we'll share our
beautiful Blue Ridge mountains with you.

Please let me know there is an interest to enjoy a ride.

I have no financial interest, blah blah!