Re: Stag data needed

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stag data needed
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 21:05:47 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 7:38 PM -0400 5/29/99, ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:
>OK, folks.  I did it -- when visiting in Dallas I bought a '73 Triumph Stag.
>All original body and chassis, new front end and a '74 Ford Mustang V-6 3.0
>liter engine.  Also has a Mustang stick shift transmission.
>
>Now obviously this is not for concours, not with the engine and tranny being
>a Ford, but the car looks great and rides well.  I will need to work on the
>engine and tranny mounting job, however.  The guy who did it did not do it
>correctly but the problem can be solved.
>Some questions please.  What are the best sources for body/running gear
>parts?  Except for the engine and drive train I intend to keep it as original
>as possible.

Art: good call on retaining that engine. I know of several Sunbeam Alpines
that have this driveline swapped in to create Tiger Cubs! Excellent motor,
it was also used in the Capri. One Alpine I know of has a 5  speed, Air
conditioning and cruise control installed. The owner did 2  trips across
the USA in style and comfort without a lick of trouble.  With a Holley 4
bl. and a good tune up, these engines are also very quick. Any Ford dealer
will have the parts you need, and I suspect that  Mustang restorers dealing
in Mustang II parts will have what you need.